Trouble in Immoren
The character is extremely quick, nimble, and dexterous. He relies on his wits, skill, and luck in equal measure.
A Skilled character gains an additional attack during his Activation Phase if he chooses to attack that turn.
Additionally, the character begins the game with one of the following benefits. Characters gain additional benefits as they accumulate experience points.
- Ambidextrous – The character does not suffer the normal attack roll penalty with a second weapon while using the Two-Weapon Fighting ability.
- Cagey – When this character becomes knocked down, he can immediately move up to twelve feet (2˝) and cannot be targeted by free strikes during this movement. This benefit has no effect while this character is mounted. While knocked down, this character is not automatically hit by melee attacks and his DEF is not reduced. The character can stand up during his turn without forfeiting his movement or action.
- Deft – The character has nimble fingers and steady hands. The character gains boosted AGL rolls.
- Feat: Defensive Strike – When an enemy advances into and ends its movement in this character’s melee range, this character can spend 1 feat point to immediately make one melee attack targeting it.
- Feat: Disarm – After directly hitting an enemy with a nonspray, non-AoE (area of effect) ranged or melee attack, instead of making a damage roll, the character can spend 1 feat point to disarm his opponent. When this benefit is used, the enemy’s weapon, or any object in his hand, flies from his grasp. He suffers no damage from the attack.
- Feat: Swashbuckler – Once during each of his turns, this character can spend 1 feat point to use Swashbuckler. The next time this character makes an attack with a hand weapon after using this benefit, his front arc extends to 360°, and he can make one melee attack against each enemy in his line of sight in his melee range. Regardless of the number of characters hit, Swashbuckler can trigger the Sidestep benefit only once (see below).
- Feat: Untouchable – The character can spend 1 feat point during his turn to gain +3 DEF for one round.
- Preternatural Awareness – The character’s uncanny perception keeps him constantly aware of his surroundings. The character gains boosted Initiative rolls. Additionally, enemies never gain back strike bonuses against this character.
- Sidestep – When this character hits an enemy character with a melee weapon, he can advance up to 2˝ after the attack is resolved. This character cannot be targeted by free strikes during this movement.
- Virtuoso – Choose a military skill. When making a non-AoE attack with a weapon that uses that skill, this character gains an additional die on his attack and damage rolls. Discard the lowest die of each roll. This benefit can be taken more than once, each time specifying a different military skill.